Find Legacy Software Integration Companies Near YouLegacy software is typically business-critical software that the business has been using for quite some time, often over a decade, so legacy software integration is the process of integrating the central / old software system with newer systems that together provide much richer functionality and collectively have far greater value to the business. It is typically required when the newly designed or developing application cannot be used on its own due to compatibility issues. The difficulty in this process is that it can cause massive upheaval in an organisation and cost a lot of time and money. Such disruption can lead to reduced productivity and negatively affect customer perception so using a carefully selected and technically skilled legacy software integration company is critical.
Three easy ways to find the Legacy Software Integration company you are looking for:
- Select the area on the map below where you are looking for a Legacy Software Integration company.
- Click the region to show the Legacy Software Integration companies located there: Northern Ireland, Scotland, North East England, North West England, Yorkshire Humber, Wales, West Midlands, East Midlands, East England, South East England and London, South West England UK.
- Click the state to show the Legacy Software Integration companies located there: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming USA.
- Enter your postcode to find the closest Legacy Software Integration companies to you:
- Reasons for integrating legacy systems
- What happens during legacy software integration?
- How long does legacy software integration take?
- Are there any ways to avoid the main legacy software integration problems?
Reasons for integrating legacy systems
Reasons why you need to integrate old software with new software include:
- Urgency. The need for this type of integration is usually driven by the business making it, rather than the IT department; this means that there's frequently little time to plan and no option to schedule more time if something goes wrong during the process.
- To replace a product. If your organization decides to discontinue using one application, you might have no choice but to integrate another with your legacy system if you don't want to lose any functionality.
- Compatibility issues. A newly developed or designed application may not be compatible with legacy systems, meaning that if you wish to carry out the operation in question, you'll have no choice other than integrating them together.
A common problem which may occur during such an integration is the specific requirements of either application not being considered, which means that they'll end up having to work with each other in a way that neither was designed for.
What happens during legacy software integration?
Integration is essentially one operation but it typically involves three different stages:
- Design and planning: This is where your organization needs to decide on what you're going to do and how you're going to do it. This will typically comprise defining the goals, roles and responsibilities as well as estimating costs and risks.
- Implementation : You'll need to physically link both systems so as to allow them to communicate with each other. If this doesn't happen correctly, you could compromise your security, data or even crash the entire system.
- Testing: This is where you'll need to check that everything is working as it should be. Given the importance of legacy systems, any errors at this stage can have a significant impact on your business.
How long doess legacy software integration take?
The amount of time it takes to integrate legacy software depends on various factors such as the size of the organisation, complexity of the integration, number of dependencies and so on. However, it's not unheard of for it to take years to complete an integration project successfully.
Are there any ways to avoid the main legacy software integration problems?
While you may not be able to avoid all legacy software integration issues, there are a few steps your organisation can take in order to minimise them:
- Use off the shelf integration: These applications are designed for specific purposes and often offer prebuilt connectors to legacy systems. This not only ensures compatibility but also saves time and money, leading to a far more successful outcome.
- Prebuilt or packaged software: If you decide that your legacy system needs replacing, it's important to select one which is fully compatible with modern development practices such as open source technology . Doing so will not only ensure swift integration but may also help with future changes such as upgrading or modifying functionality.
- Executive support: Legacy system integration projects typically require a great deal of investment in both time and assets; in order for this investment to be worthwhile, senior management must be behind the idea. If you lack this support, your project is likely to fail however good the plan may be.
- Test environment: This allows you to test both legacy systems and any new functionality ahead of integration which not only ensures that everything works correctly but also reduces the risk of error during production.
- Agile integration: Despite their importance, legacy system projects are often low on a company's priority list for funding; implementing agile techniques will help to speed up the process while still ensuring it's done right first time.
- A strong team with effective leadership: No matter how important you consider your legacy systems, they won't mean very much if nobody can work out how to integrate them properly! Make sure that everyone involved knows what they're doing and has the authority to make decisions.
In order to ensure a successful legacy software integration, it's important to have a clear plan and the right team in place. By following these tips, you can minimize the risk of problems occurring and keep your business running as smoothly as possible. If you're looking for help with legacy software integration, please contact us today. We have years of experience in this area and can help you get your project off to a flying start!
Search for providers of a different custom software developer services: API Integrations Development, SaaS Software Development, Systems Integration, IoT Services, MVP Development, Business Intelligence, Blockchain Development companies in the UK and USA.
Perform a wider search for providers of other custom software developer services in the UK and USA.